• June 25, 2010 at 12:52 pm

🙁 Hi everybody. I thought I’d introduce myself. I’m new to this forum & my name is Debbie. My brother & I are dealing with my parents now with both having Alzheimer’s & dementia. My brother stays in an apartment out back of their house. They are both still at home, but my dad has fallen again just recently & his mental status is getting worse. He lost most of his speech last April when he had a stroke. He’s able to get around with a walker, but he is so stubborn & independent so that’s part of the problem. He’s 85. My mom is a little more able to get around,but she has problems with her knees giving out on her & they ache all the time. She is 81 & was diagnosed with dementia. My brother’s already getting burned out & things are getting worse with our parents. Anybody have any suggestions? We promised them that we would keep them home as long as we could. I’m trying to help as much as I can being a full time student right now with my own house & husband. Mom is so worried about dad that she’s not sleeping much & dad gets up during the night. Dad worries about her too so we don’t know what we’ll do now? Sorry so long. Thanks for listening. Debbie

• June 27, 2010 at 3:13 am

Welcome Check out the chat rooms.
    They are people who are going through the same or have been there before. They will have some good advice and support.