• May 29, 2008 at 7:32 pm

“My Name is Lisa” is a video that decribes the struggles of a 13-year-old girl caring for her mother with Alzheimer’s.

Click here to watch the video then return to post your comment

• May 29, 2008 at 8:53 pm

Thank you so much Jerry for posting this video. The eyes of children tell the truth. It is difficult for adult children of those with dementia to understand but through the eyes of young children we see it all.

• June 5, 2008 at 9:11 pm

Lisa’s video was amazing and whether your a teen or 49 and facing this with a parent(my mother) we all become 13 because we can’t believe or accept that our mom who did everything for us could loose her memory and not care to do anything anymore. That makes us angry and instead of confronting the problem calmly we tend to attack them. We don’t mean to because later in makes us feel like sh……..

I just can’t believe that my mother doesn’t care that her clothes are not clean because she believes she washed them or that she forgot how to set the table and when she has to sign her name while looking at it she scribbles. When I asked her if she washed her hair she answers “ofcourse I washed it yesterday” but you can see that she hasn’t washed it in days and you wonder if she has washed at all. So we get even more angry and blame dad for not taking care of the details.

Well I’m 49 and have kids of my own and poor Lisa is only 13 going on 49.

You just have to learn to be really patient and it’s not easy it takes alot of work and most of all LOVE!

Lisa is a hero and unfortunately has to grow up very fast in order to take care of her mother and that’s the sad part because she is missing out from the best years of her life.

Hi I’m Kathy
    (Someone like Lisa)

• November 26, 2008 at 12:57 am

This video is the story of my life. lol. thank you for posting it!!

• December 9, 2008 at 3:41 am

made me very sad,a look at my own future, hopefully I will have a heart attack before then, or maybe jump off a bridge, then I would probably forget to do it. 🙁 🙁

• May 14, 2017 at 12:56 pm

I don’t know much about this disease and I just know that a person starts forgetting the things when he/she becomes the victim of this health issue. Is this common in teens and kids as well? It should be treated and I am sure that the researchers are searching a cure for it. The mother of my friend who provides me Assignment Writing Service has it issue, may she get well soon.