• September 17, 2009 at 11:48 pm

Alzheimers has made my life a living hell i mean no disrespect to any1 caring for there love ones. ive worked 5yrs in a nursing home with patients with this disease. which i felts so heart broken for them as well as ther families god bless you all. im caring now for my mother-in-law who has had this disease now 4yrs in which her bf of 6yrs left . husband and i moved in and its me who is her caregiver im a good person and i pray ea day for strength and undstanding peace lord knows my heart. my mother-in-law never liked me but its me whos bathe and feeds her which is a fight ea day its never a day that she dnt spit or throw something at me i try take her shopping get her out but its a fight ev1 looking saying huni god going bless you. took her to my mother house for a visit 2wks ago my sis was visiting for tenn my mother-inlaw grab a pan try to hit me upside my head my mom and sis got so upset of course i had to make up a story that my mother-in-law was having a bad day i felt so hurtful that my mom and sis saw what i go threw ea day. Alzheimers has really changed my life its living in hell with some1 whos trying beat the living hell out of me each day when all im trying to do it help . lost and dnt know what to do

• November 5, 2009 at 4:28 am

After a particularly angry argument with my mom, I did a keyword search for alzheimers and living hell and found your posting. My mom has alzheimers and I feel like I’m in hell these days. Lately my life just plain sucks. Mom has a lot of hate in her, hates my sister-in-law and brother (guilt by association). She thinks everybody is stealing her stuff, which I could care less about. Sometimes I feel like jumping off a very high cliff and escaping from this hell that has become my life as a caregiver.

• March 10, 2010 at 11:17 am

I am so sorry that you have to go through such an ordeal to take care of your MIL. Can’t your husband do something about it. Or maybe have him take care of her for a while so you can take a break? Maybe you could try Adult Day Care or hire a caregiver to help you out.

Hope this helps
    Jona