• March 11, 2009 at 3:52 pm

WHAT IS THE ONE THING YOU WISH YOU HAD AS A CAREGIVER RIGHT NOW AS YOU ARE CARING FOR THAT SPECIAL LOVED ONE? ❓

• March 11, 2009 at 6:11 pm

Short answer:More Caregivers! I will be back later for the Long answer.

• March 12, 2009 at 12:49 am

A little bit of help…The chance to get out and do shopping or visit friends alone for an hour or two…Stable gas prices that would enable me to keep him stimulated by getting him out more often…Not having to worry about paying the going rate to continue my health insurance from the time that my COBRA runs out until I am 65 and eligible for Medicare.

• March 25, 2009 at 3:39 am

More understanding from people of what you the caregiver and also the person who has alzheimers is going through. My brother-in-law, my husbands brother, keeps telling him he should be doing more exercise and read more, he can’t seem to understand or doesn’t want to understand, that my husband can’t remember to do these things and has no motivation to do them. People seem to think that because they look well then everything is fine.
    Jocelyn 😡
    PS Plus I would like to have more patience.

• November 17, 2010 at 6:55 pm

I wish that when ppl say they are going to do something that they would do it. They don’t understand how stressed out a person can get from taking care of a loved one. I need a break once in awhile and when ppl don’t show then I don’t get that much needed break. Its not only me that needs it either its also my grandmother who has moderate AD and gets tired of me telling her no grandma there is no one there or no you can’t drink that.