• October 26, 2008 at 4:39 pm

This disease is the worst disease ever. I am 25yrs old and I moved in to my Gma’s in April with my fiance. We both worked full time jobs and watch my grandma during the night and every other weekend. We have a day time caregiver while we are at work. When we first moved in she was in her moderate stage of the disease and now going on about 7 months of being here I have seen how quickly the disease can take over and the further and further my grandma fades away. Its so sad to me and I have had my moments of crying, we never had a close relationship while i was growing up, but My grandma was always the sweetest old lady around, and still is… I just wish she really knew who I was and that I came in to help take care of her and I feel blessed to be able to spend this time with her that she has left. There are the days that are so hard and I feel like giving up and I just have to remind myself that she didnt ask for this and she needs someone here who truley cares about her and her well being. She has had cargivers come in her and take advandage of living at her house and her having the disease, having pets staying her and destroying her house with urine and having friends coming over to The caregiver we have during the day sucks too, and we tried to get rid of her also but had no luck with that because she is my brothers girlfriend and shes cheap, and no one cares about my grandmas welfare but me. So i decided i could no longer live here and we are moving in a few months, Im hoping that use moving will get someone else in here who will actually do there job and do it right. Its really hard to find someone to care for your loved one the way you do…