• March 10, 2010 at 11:11 am

Hello,

My name is Jona and I am very new to this forum.

My story is probably like most others, I took care of my mom who had dementia since 2007. She recently passed away, January 22, 2010. Complications due to the dementia and her heart.

Hospice was involved with her comfort care and a huge support for us, needless to say I miss her terribly. She was a great mom and grandma. The dementia took its’ toll on the family, especially me, I was her constant caregiver.

I had her hospital bed right in our livingroom. I basically turned the livingroom into a big bedroom. I had a bed in there too, at night I would move it next to mom’s bed so I could be next to her and hear her breath or hold her hand. I slept in the livingroom for so long that it is hard for me to sleep in my own bed now that she is gone. Thankfully, I have a very understanding husband, who has been there for me from the very beginning to the very end.

When mom passed away she did so surround by people that loved her very much and she passed peacefully.

My problem is that I am still having a hard time excepting the fact that she is gone…I mean I know she is no longer living, I guess some days are easier than others. I just miss her so much, she was such a big part of our lives. We never went anywhere without her. I remember the first time that Brian (my husband) and I went into town I cried the whole time. It was about a week after mom’s funeral. Oh, boy, was that little trip hard.

I guess that’s about it for now, I’d hate to write so much for my first posting.

Thanks,
    Jona

• March 10, 2010 at 2:50 pm

Jona-
    Welcome!

• March 10, 2010 at 10:52 pm

iam glad that found us
    your friend
    laura

• March 10, 2010 at 10:53 pm

i am glad that found us
    your friend
    laura

• March 11, 2010 at 1:55 pm

Hi Jona,
    It’s good to see you here. My Mom went to heaven on February 18, 2010 and I understand how you feel. I spent every day with my precious Mom and now I wake up every morning and she is my first thought. When I go to bed at night, Mom is my last thought before I fall asleep. I miss her so much. Like you, I was with my Mother when she passed away and whispered in her ear just moments beforehand. Our Mom’s knew we were there, knew how much we love them….something we will never forget. I’ll keep you and your family in my prayers. xoxoxox