• March 28, 2008 at 3:04 pm

Hi there,

Little about me I just turn 49 this week. I was born with a mild case of Cerebral Palsy involing my right side {like a stroke}I have a hubby 26 yrs and still count the days that we are still a couple 😀 Our love is still in the puppy stage 😆 We have a 16 yr daughter

I been taking care of my 89 yo Mother for the last 5 yrs in my home She start show signs of Dementa for the last 7 yrs. each yr it was slowing getting worse. Every time she went to the hospital her dementa got worse. Likely I got POA 3 Yrs ago

Last year I put her in Respite care for amonth so We could go find a home for all of us. The night before we where start to put A bid on a home, my mother colon rupture the Dr call me at 1 am. To inform that Mom would not make it through the night. She was to weak for the surgency. So told him to make her comfortable and give her antibolic until I get there . So we left at 2am and drive the night to see her. She make it thought the surgney came out with a colostomy bought her home after being in the hospital for a month and rehab for a week and home nursing for 12 weeks her ostomy is until a trail and error. She does not realize that she has a perment ostomy now. so she take her bag off in the middle of the night [oh well] that my mom

is very scared of falling now but will get up a night from the bed to walk with out her walker.
    most time during the day she is all there un less she get dehyrdrated she get very confuse and she stop pooping.
    At this time I have to sit with her so she can finish her food and drink otherwise she does not eat. right now she is staying in bed all day long. i go in to see her every two hours until my hubby and daughter get back home again. We have enough supplies in the house for 60 days.
    she can take off her wet diaper and pull the pad from under her butt,
    But dont called me to let me know when she is wet.
    Iam not getting any help from my 2 sisters and 3 brothers or any one else at the present. they have not call my mother for 3 yrs now. I will be off line doing her income taxes > and mine and my daughter taxes to until i get it done.

so sorry I ramble on but I love my mother to keep her home. I am glad that Iam a home body person and I love my internet .
    Laura 😀 8)

• March 10, 2010 at 9:57 pm

Laura-
    WELCOME

I learned something new today! Well several things about you, that i never knew. Thanks for sharing with us!

HUGS
    Brittany

• March 11, 2010 at 1:46 pm

Hi Sunny,
    I found you!!! Glad to be on this site with you. Give Mom a huge hug and kiss from me. xoxoxoxoxo

• March 11, 2010 at 5:12 pm

I found you FLGuppieMinnow