• July 26, 2008 at 9:20 pm

I wanted to give my opinion as to the cost of caring for an Alzheimer Pt. –

Why don’t they just put all on Medicaid instead of spending all the money you have then go on!

Those who do not need help do not have to use Medicaid! Some changes have to be made – don’t put family in poor house for a disease that even Medical People don’t quite understand!!

As a Retired RN – now a caregiver for Alzheimer husband – I have been shocked by the stories I hear from Caregivers – More assistance is needed – we are taking care of a grown child – who cannot do anything!

We do more for most every other problem than for Alzheimers. Let us not kill off the caregivers and then there will be a bigger problem. Shame!!!!![/b]

• June 28, 2010 at 11:08 am

Medicare is one that will pay that portion of the bill not covered by Medicare as well as cover some additional health services not provided by Medicare. For example, some Medigap plans provide limited prescription drug coverage, a benefit not provided by Medicare. Medigap is an insurance that covers the gaps left by Medicare. And although Medigap is a private coverage insurance, it is highly regulated by both federal and state government, and for this reason it is affordable by many seniors. Medigap is an insurance that covers the gaps left by Medicare.