• March 14, 2008 at 4:11 pm

Natural Healers
    Shari Lieberman,PhD, adjunct assistant professor of nutrition at the University of Bridgeport, CT. A member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine and the New York Acaemy of Sciences,author of The Real Vitamin& Mineral Book says Supplement does listed here are higher than the recommended daily intake. Because such doses may have unwanted side effects, check with your doctor before trying any of these regimens. In rare cases,they may interfere with standard drug treatments.Key Supplements…B-complex supplements provides the full complement of B vitamins, including B-1, B-2,B-3,B-6 and B-12.Typical daily therapeutic dose:50 to 100 milligrams of B-complex… plus 500 to 1000 micrograms of B-12 in a separate supplement. Alpha-lipoic acid improves brain function by slowing or stopping the death of nerve cellsTypical daily therapeutic dose:600milligrams. Vitamin E protects brain cells from damage caused by disease-causing molecules known as free radicals.TDRD 1200 international units (IU). Ginkgo biloba improves brain circulation, reduces free-radical damage and may slow the onset of Alzheimer’s. WARNING: If you are taking a blood-thinning medication, such as warfarin(Coumadin), consult your doctor before taking vitamin E or Ginkgo biloba. Both have mild blood- thinning effects. I Hope this helps someone!

• March 14, 2008 at 6:25 pm

Marcus— The breakdown of Vitamin B dosages may have helped me. At any rate I found it interesting. In reading the label on our Super B-Complex indicated that more B-12 should probably be added.

I’m relatively new to the supplement scene…and basically don’t know squat about them. The more information that is posted…The more that I will learn. Thanks.