• March 16, 2010 at 8:22 am

Hi

My mother was diagnosed with Mild Alzheimers at the begining of this year and seems to have progressed very quickly to where she is hallucinating and some days does not recognise that she is in her own house. The doctors now say she is in the moderate category and has been prescribed dementia medication which may or may not help, fingers crossed.

As I don’t find it easy sharing things with people (and will try and do things myself rather than ask for help), I have found this forum very interesting and very helpful. I will try to contribute where I can and be as helpful as I can with my little knowledge

Snaxie x

• March 17, 2010 at 3:51 pm

welcome to the group i am gald that you found us. you can ask any question and someone would try help out here.
    laura

• March 18, 2010 at 7:43 am

Welcome Snaxie…My mother was just like your mother diagnosed with Mild Alzheimers progressed very quickly to where she is hallucinating and some days does not recognise that she is in her own house. Turned out it was a UTI. (Urinary Tract Infection)..The Doctor gave her an antibotic and a Starter pack of Aricept and the hallucination stopped and she stopped packing to go home in 4 weeks.That was 3 years ago and now she has the mental ability she had 10 years ago with no hallucinations.
    Has your Mom been checked for a UTI.I have never seen an Alz Patient go from Mild to Servere in 3 months. I think it has happened but is rarer than not.Standard laboratory tests: might include blood and urine tests designed to help eliminate other possible conditions. These will measure things like blood count, thyroid and liver function, and levels of glucose and other blood-based indicators of illness. A depression screening should also be conducted. http://www.alzinfo.org/alzheimers-diagnosis.asp#3

• September 28, 2017 at 11:44 pm

Welcome here Snaxie, I am glad you found this forum where you can share from your own experience or find helpful tips from other members.